You have finally decided to renovate your home and have security roller shutters installed. But do you know what roller shutters to choose? Before going to the nearest shop and purchasing roller shutters, it is important that you learn the various types of security roller shutters. This will make things easier for you.
According to Operation
This is where the “automatic vs. manual” or “motorised vs. manual” options crop up.
You can decide whether you want electric or motorised roller shutters over shutters that have to be manually operated. Some roller shutters are controlled with the use of electricity, fitted with a motor with appropriate buttons that must be pressed in order to control the actions of the roller shutters. The more recent models even come with sensors and other settings which allow users to program preset times during the day when the shutters will automatically open or close.
In some cases, the roller shutters may be solar-powered instead of being hooked up to electricity. This is becoming a popular option, especially for those who are looking for energy-efficient and eco-friendly features for their structures.
When we speak of manually-operated roller shutters, however, we are talking about the units that have winders or levers. In order to open or close the shutters, the winder or lever must be manually turned or flipped.
It is given that electric or motorised rollers shutters are more expensive than manual shutters. The purchase price is definitely higher, and users should expect to have higher maintenance costs as well.
According to Application
Roller shutters are used in a wide variety of applications, not just your usual doors and windows for residential units and office buildings. The types of roller shutters will largely depend on the structure they will be installed in or the specific purpose. Some of the most common types include the following:
- Shutter doors and windows. These are the most common types used in residential areas and office buildings. They can either be built into the window or door, or built onto the area outside the window or the door.
- Garage doors. The size will depend on the size of the garage.
- Industrial doors. Often used in warehouses and factories, they are usually large and feature all-steel construction.)
- Store or shopfront doors. You see these in malls, department stores and similar establishments. There are also roller shutters specifically designed for bars and reception areas.
- Fire shutters. These fire guard roller shutters are often linked to fire alarm systems. In case of fire and the alarm has been activated, the shutters will automatically close.
According to the Level of Security and Protection
When you look through the product lists of various suppliers and manufacturers of roller shutters, you will find that they have a wide range and different types available. In terms of security level, some roller shutters have medium or high security. Another example would be in the case of fire shutters, where many are classified according to the length of time or number of hours of fire protection they provide.
Some roller shutters can even be customised according to your specific needs. Read through the features of each type so you will know which one is most suitable for you. With so many types and classifications of security roller shutters now available, you won’t have a hard time finding the one that will be ideal for your specific needs and purposes.
Follow Markdapin.com.au for more interesting content